Dienstag, 9. November 2010

My favorite fall perfume: *Vanillary* by Lush

At the moment we have mostly what you can call a "Golden" October - cold, but sunny.
I have the right perfume for this weather: the Vanillary solid perfume from Lush.


Lush says: The sweet and sensual real vanilla and jasmine absolutes are supported by the burnt caramel-like scent of tonka bean in this delicious perfume. Vanillary is a grown-up gourmand. Its character really warms and develops on the skin and you'll get many compliments wearing it.

I haven´t gotten any compliments yet :o(

But I can verify that it is a very warm and delicious scent. It is a gourmand note, but it is not too heavy, too sweet, or a "headache smell".

I never noticed any jasmine in it. Actually it doesn´t smell like "the" typical vanilla either, like you would expect a scent with the name "Vanillary" to smell. (But this is Lush, so nobody should be surprised ;)  )
Caramel and toffee adds a "darker" note to the sweet vanilla. It makes me feel warm and comfortable.

The best way to use such a solid perfume is not to rub it over your finger or wrist (as I tried it first). Instead I use my finger nail to scratch a little bit of the mass off the rest, and apply this on my wrists.

The scent stays long on my skin and I love to put my nose close to it and I also love the way it stays in my sleeves.


Ingredients:
  • Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis),
  • Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),
  • Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera),
  • Perfume,
  • Titanium Dioxide,
  • Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia),
  • Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum,
  • Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata),
  • Vanilla Pod Powder (Vanilla planifolia),
  • Hydroxcitronellal,
  • *Coumarin,
  • *Benzyl Cinnamate,
  • Iron Oxides.
(I copied the ingredients from the Lush website. They are the ingredietns of the new product which is a stick. I still have the old one in the metal tin)

    Kommentare:

    1. The fact that it has tonka bean in it makes me really curious about the smell. Does it sink into the skin quickly??
      Thanks for the detailed review.

      AntwortenLöschen
    2. Thanks for commenting :)
      It feels like hard vaseline and it sinks in quite fast.

      AntwortenLöschen

    Ich mag Kommentare :o)