Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010

Benefit *Eyecon* eye cream [review]




This cream is one of the few real cosmetics flops I bought. :o(

I like Benefit´s products, they are creative and helpful. I love their Bad Gal mascara since I have very long and black lashes anyway and Bad Gal manages to make them appear even longer. Also the purple version of BadGal is a good idea for people fair hair,skin and eye color.

I bought Eyecon along with another product because of a coupon offer: If you bought 2 Benefit products you could get a mini size Dr. Feelgood for free.

I have 2 small wrinkles under each eye and started using eye cream not so long ago ( I´m only 30 ;o)  ). Another thing is that I have and always had dark circles under my eyes.
For 30€ you expect an eye cream to be really effective if it promises to help against these two problems.

I haven´t noticed any change in the darkness of my eye circles nor in the size of the wrinkles.
Besides that the cream hurts at the outside corner of my eyes.

I will definetely not buy this again :o(

Ingredients: (so many ingredients...and some quite unhealthy ones among them)

Water, Ethylene/acrylic Acid Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Squalane, Glycerin Polymethacrylate, Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Linum Usitassisum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Hexyldecanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Hydrostearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methylparaben, Alcohol Denat., Chlorphensin, Dimethicone, Propylene Carboneate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Althea Officinalis Root Extract, Prunic Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet almond) Fruit Extract, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Acrylates/C-10 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Steareth-20, Tromethamine, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylene Flycol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Protein, Chlorhexidine, Digluconate, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Tetrasodium EDTA,  Propylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Protein, Isobutylparaben, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Dipetide-2, Potassium Sorbate, Eriobotrya Japonica Leaf Extract, Plankton Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3.











Kommentare:

  1. Unfortunately this cream didn't work for me either.A cheap eye cream from Lidl did a way better job in reducing my wrinkles.
    The worst thing about the benefit product,when you stop using it,the fine lines around the eyes get deeper.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The lines get deeper?
    So maybe they get filled somehow when using the cream and seem to be smaller, and when you stop using it the "filling" gets less and the lines get deeper. (Maybe that´s how most anti-wrinkle-products work ??)
    Which product from Lidl was it?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Well the effect of deeper wrinkles I only had with the benefit stuff.I tried tons of eyecremes and the effect doesn't get worse after stopping the cream.The lidl creme is fabulous! Iseree sensitive eye cream with Liftan.
    After 2 weeks you will see a huge difference.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Why don't you try home remedies like using green tea bags or any tea bag for dark circles or potato slices .

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. @va: Because I usually don´t take the time for eye masks. But thank you for the suggestion, maybe I should try that :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. yeah I understand . One of my favorite companies is 100 Percent Pure and their eye cream worked for me . It is the acai berry eye cream . I am usually into all natural companies but a more cheaper line is Weleda . not sure though what is available in your country though ..

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I don´t know 100 Percent Pure, but Weleda is German, so it´s available here.
    I prefer natural cosmetics, too, but Benefit doesn´t test on animals which is the most important thing for me.
    I sometimes try cucumbers ;)
    At the moment I´m too lazy to use eye creams at all :(

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Ok then cucumbers are great as well as if you drink tea then after u drink u save the tea bag and put it under your eyes ! It refreshes them .

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Product seems to be very helpful and must say good results are awaited. Indeed a very good read.

    Thanks,
    Faye of Bags Under Eyes

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich mag Kommentare :o)