Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2011

Worries and Hope for Egypt

After Tunisia, Egypt is the seond country to stand up against its Authoritarian Regime.

 I watch a lot Al Jazeera these days. After several days of peaceful protests it got nasty yesterday when pro-  and anti-Government protesters clashed in Cairo´s central square, Midan Tahrir.
Before that the demonstrations were peaceful when a mix of young and old, men and women, protested against oppression.
These are historic enents that move me deeply. It´s very exciting what will happen next.

I have spent a few months living in Cairo and I have come to love the Egyptian people. You will hardly find a people more nice, friendly, pious (in a positive way) and happy despite the poverty and circumstances they live in.

I hope no more blood will be spilled and everything will come to an acceptable end for this proud, great and ancient country.

0 Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich mag Kommentare :o)